Nature lovers, we’re getting ready to welcome you back on Friday, April 2.
What you need to know:
- New open hours: 10 AM – 4 PM. Closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Enter through the north entrance, near the giant fig tree. The south entrance off the Prado is temporarily closed.
- Advance tickets are NOT required; we will be managing building capacity at the door. Tickets may be purchased in person or online.
- Note: Purchasing your tickets online and having your eTickets available for scanning in advance may reduce your time at the Admissions desk. Due to capacity restrictions, entry is not guaranteed.
- Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status.
- All exhibitions open, with the exception of The Backyard. Don’t miss our newest exhibition, California Blooming. The theater will be open so guests can enjoy Ocean Oasis in the Subaru Giant Screen Experience (three showings daily). Café may be available for grab-and-go options. The store is closed due to a planned remodel, but we invite you to shop online.
Here’s how we ask you to help us.
- Do not visit if you have a fever or cough. We’ve been around for over 145 years; we’ll be here when you’re feeling better.
- Bring credit/debit cards. Cash transactions will not be accepted.
- Make sure to follow traffic flow signage (we worked hard on it!)
- Wear your face covering. Wearing a face covering or mask over your nose and mouth continues to be best practice, regardless of vaccination status.
- Look but don’t touch. As much as we love being as hands-on as possible, thanks for understanding we're not quite there yet.
- Be patient. You may experience brief wait times as our visitor services and operations teams conduct cleanings or help direct foot traffic.
- Guidelines are in effect throughout Balboa Park. Learn more about Balboa Park guidelines.
We’re instituting increased cleanings before, during, and after open hours (thanks to our operations crew!). Staff screen daily through a state-of-the-art thermal scanner prior to entering the Museum, though a majority of employees will continue to work from home.
These guidelines were created based on best health practices, guidelines from the County of San Diego, and with feedback from you—our community. We’ve been in this together and are grateful to welcome you back to your home in Balboa Park.