- We are currently open 10 AM to 5 PM seven days a week (open until 10 PM on Fridays this summer). Subject to change--see Visit page for updates.
- Advance tickets are not required.
- In accordance with state guidelines, masks (or facial coverings) will not be required for fully vaccinated guests, unvaccinated guests are required to wear facial coverings. Note that our staff will continue to wear facial coverings for the foreseeable future.
- All exhibitions are open. The theater is open so guests can enjoy films in the Subaru Giant Screen Experience. The museum store and cafe is partially open, and we invite you to shop online.
Here’s how we ask you to help us.
- Do not visit if you have a fever or cough. We’ve been around for over 145 years; we’ll be here when you’re feeling better.
- Credit/Debit card transactions are preferred.
- Wear your face covering appropriately.
- Be patient. You may experience brief wait times as our visitor services and operations teams conduct cleanings or help direct foot traffic.
- Don't be a piece of coprolite. We haven't been insulated from rising incidents of abuse directed towards our frontline staff. Take a deep breath and know we're all in this together.
We’ve instituted increased cleanings before, during, and after open hours (thanks to our operations crew!).
These guidelines were created based on best health practices and with feedback from you—our community—in order to keep our staff, volunteers, and guests as safe as possible. We’ve been in this together and are grateful to have you back to your home in Balboa Park.