The San Diego Natural History Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports other San Diego-based non-profits in their fundraising efforts when possible through in-kind donations of admission tickets. Each year, the San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat) sets aside a number of in-kind donations for local non-profit fundraising events. If approved, your organization will receive four passes valid for admission to The Nat (a $79.80 value; passes do not include admission to 3D films). Requests for cash donations will not be considered.
Due to the overwhelming volume of donation requests received by The Nat, notice will only be sent to those who have been approved for donation. Please, no phone calls.
- Your organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit using the tickets as a fundraising item. We are unable to donate to for-profit organizations or individuals raising money for another group.
- Your organization must be located within San Diego County.
- Requests are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Donation requests must be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the scheduled event, earlier for events near the holidays or end of school year.
- Requests made over the phone will not be considered.
- Requests for donations are limited to one request per year, per organization.
How to Submit Your Request:
- Donation requests must be submitted in writing on organization letterhead. Your letter must include the following information:
- Please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: San Diego Natural History Museum, Attn: Donations, P.O. Box 121390, San Diego, CA 92112-1390.
- Name of Organization
- Name of Event
- Description of Event
- Date of Event
- How Tickets will be distributed: (e.g. raffle, silent auction, etc.)
- Non-Profit ID#
- Contact person (name, phone & e-mail)
- Address the tickets should be sent to (very important; must be written on the letter somewhere!)
Note: Meeting these conditions does not guarantee a donation. The value of ticketed donations is subject to change at the discretion of the San Diego Natural History Museum.