Paleontological Resource Assessment
PaleoServices is well equipped for the completion of paleontological record searches, resource assessments, development of mitigation plans, completion of regional studies, and other related services.
PaleoServices is an industry leader for completion of all types of paleontological resource assessments.
What sets PaleoServices apart?
- Experienced field staff capable of mapping out potentially fossiliferous strata and identifying areas with previously disturbed artificial fill during field surveys
- Access to the Museum's extensive research and map library, as well as the research library at San Diego State University
- Experienced GIS staff capable of creating paleontological resource sensitivity maps, analyzing project components, and developing resource sensitivity geodatabases
PaleoServices project experience includes:
- Technical reports used in project level Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Paleontological Investigation Reports and Paleontological Evaluation Reports for the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Paleontological mitigation plans for a wide variety of agencies including Caltrans, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Master development plans for BLM managed lands within oil and gas fields
- Paleontological background studies of small areas (e.g., Community Plan updates for the City of San Diego), or regional studies (e.g., the BLM El Centro Field Office)
- Paleontological records searches
- Serving as an expert third-party reviewer for technical reports and EIRs/EISs completed by other paleontological mitigation firms